Saturday, December 13, 2008

Interview is Over

Hello,

Leroy believes that he did ok in the interview, but he also knows that they interviewed two other people. They did say that they would not be able to pay him at the level of his experience, but could he live with that. He indicated that it could be possible. We will just wait patiently for results. At the moment the church here has no new candidate names so we will probably remain here through January. If they should find someone before we find a new location we do have some money saved for this possibility plus we have two state side children who have room for homeless parents? The trick there is how long can they tolerate us and how long can we stand them.

I am pleased with myself. I made some gift tags from old Christmas cards. I took the pictures and cut around them with a special scissors that makes a nice scalloped edge. Some places the edge was longer than the scissors so it took almost more skill than I had in me to make it look like a continuous row. I had run out of gift cards so I was able to save time and recycle at the same time.

We will be driving to MN tomorrow and I am hoping that the ice happens somewhere that we are not. It is not to snow more than two inches so I do not consider that a problem.

I was on my way back from the library when I heard a train whistle in the distance. I walked up the street to be near the tracks when it came by. It is great to see them whoosh by on important business. I guess I just love trains even if they never choose to stop here.

I indulged in an activity that I rarely do. I read a book this morning. My mother always yelled at me for reading so I do not easily allow that to happen if I have something else I "should" be doing. I will be making a vegetable salad for the potluck tomorrow, one that marinates over night. In addition I will be packing my few clothes as well as making fastnachts dough and saffron bun dough that we will put in the refrigerator and bake at Brian’s house. I figure that is enough work for one evening. Surely worth half a day’s wages. I suppose I could have packed earlier, but mostly I forgot about it. The food prep I wanted to do as late as possible so it is fresher.

Paula

No comments: