Friday, December 12, 2008

Leroy's Interview

Hello,

Leroy has an interview this afternoon. He just said, "I am feeling a little nervous about this." He said this in spite of thinking that this church is not going to pay at his salary level and he is not sure that they want to change very much. So does that mean he should go there anyway if asked? Who can say? It would be a permanent place or as permanent as any place can be. Does he want that? He still likes moving around. As with anything there are always pluses and minuses.

I spent some time cleaning up our desktop on the computer. I, of course, always put things away in their proper place, however Leroy… I have instead created a folder for him and stuck all of his stuff in there and out of my sight. Yeah!

A woman in the congregation has her mother’s Betty Crocker cookbook from the 1930’s. It has a fastnachts recipe in it. It is not like my recipe that I got from someone in Lancaster, PA in 1974. It does not have potatoes in it nor do they make it the night before frying the donuts.

I walked home from the women’s meeting last night. It was only about 3-4 blocks from the house, but many of these women felt that I should not be walking. I am not sure if they thought ice or molesters might be a danger. Anyway I had no difficulty and I got to see the brilliant moon in all its glory.

I did not get out my skis the first day we had snow and now it is almost melted. I am sad. I should have done it one of those cold days because after all I just go around the yard so I could go inside when I needed to do so.

I am getting together a pile of things that we will be taking up to Brian’s. At first I thought we would not be taking up many things, but now Leroy tells me that he thinks the car will be full. How did we travel with our three children and their clothes in the same size car that we have now? I must have been more efficient in the old days.

We got a Christmas card from a guy who went to the seminary with Leroy. I look at them and think, "They look so young. Don’t think I want to send them a picture of us." Usually we are a bit smug and think that others have gotten older looking and we haven’t. Another idea shot down.

Paula

No comments: