Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gifts

Hello,

We are exchanging gifts with our stateside children on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. We will leave Chariton right after church, the annual meeting, and the potluck. Hopefully the time will not be too late when it is all done. We are also hoping for good weather in Iowa and Minnesota. The report is not the best, but only about two inches of snow.

I have wrapped or prepared all of the gifts that I have in the house. I am not a gift wrapping person therefore I am saying thank you to that talented person who invented the gift bag. Bag that I believe in using over and over again.

I think all children should go from infancy to age 4 almost instantly because so many things are for infants or age 4+. We have purchased some small things for the two older children and the rest of the gift will go into their college funds. All of Nora’s will go into the fund since we feel that she will not notice that she is not opening something.

Tonight we are not doing a craft at the advent gathering, but bringing a special ornament that we can talk about. Leroy announced this last week just before the worship service. "When did he get that idea?" a friend wanted to know.

"Probably as he was standing there," I replied.

Sure enough that is when the idea came. Guess it is good to think on your feet. Leroy and I picked out one of the ornaments that we had gotten in Slovakia. Because it has meaning for us and because it was at the top of the box!

Just a little complaint, on Tuesday Leroy has a service at housing for the elderly so we have to come back earlier than we would without that. He has tried to get a replacement, but it has not worked. A part of me thinks he should just skip it since I gather that others sometimes do that, but that is not a part of Leroy’s character so we will wave good-bye to our children about three hours early. I both like and dislike Leroy’s standards!

Paula

No comments: