Friday, December 5, 2008

Advent Wreaths

Hello,

The Advent wreaths were beautifully made. I was so impressed with what people did. It does help to be working with mostly adults. They seemed to have ideas and they just leaped onto the project. There are some crafty people in the world. Ironic that two non-crafty people were somehow in charge of this. Leroy and I laid out all of the supplies ahead of time and just showed them what was available. I guess that demonstrates that sometimes leaders do not have to know how to do it, they just have to organize and lead.

When Leroy announced it he said, "If you do not want to make a wreath you can just stay in the dining area and visit."

I think some people breathed a sigh of relief. There are others in this world that are not especially motivated to make some of these things. That meant that we had just enough rings so we did not have to make do and cut up any Styrofoam. Yeah!

As for the candles, they did their own thing with selecting colors. I was sure they would all want blue. Very few of them actually chose blue. Many went for purple and some even chose four different colors. It is such a waste worrying about anything. At 60 I guess I would have to say that I am a slow learner since I still worry as if it makes a difference. However what joy and relief comes from a wonderful outcome.

Yesterday bundled against the cold, Tatyana and I walked to the library. She got a library card and checked out 7 books that she can read to her kindergartner. I think both of us were quite pleased with the outing until we started to walk home facing the wind. At least she has lived in Alaska so I figure she can handle cold.

I walked across our lawn and noticed that either one deer went through twice or two deer walked there. There were also rabbit and squirrel tracks along with some bird tracks. I suspect that mice are out there too. In one spot it looks as if they had a meeting to discuss possibilities.

Paula

No comments: