Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Greetings 2008




I am including a picture that Leroy took of Sophia and Jen. It makes me think that we should deal with life and God in this way. We, like Sophia, are on a fabulous ride and we have to be thrilled, laugh, and trust completely. So simple and so hard!



About a week ago Leroy and I put up our Christmas tree. I got up the boxes of stored ornaments, decoration, and the tree. That ugly Christmas tree could be seen through the box. "Why did we keep that thing?" I wondered, "Why do we even have it?"



When Leroy came home I talked, "I don’t want to put up that tree."



"Do you want a live one or an artificial one?" Leroy wanted to know.



"I really want a live one, but call the tree farm and see how expensive they are? I wheedled Leroy because I do not like to use the phone.



He called and reported, "They are $3.50 per foot or $7.00 per foot."



"Oh let’s buy a live one," I joyfully said, "We can afford that."



"But I will not drive there today because of the ice," Leroy stated firmly, "it will have to be tomorrow."



"But I want it up today," I wailed, "I brought everything upstairs."



In the end we decided to just put up the old ugly one and it became beautiful as it was festooned with lights, garland, and ornaments. See the picture of our tree as it now appears.
Is there a lesson in this too?



Merry Christmas and God bless you all for the joy that you have added to our lives.



Paula and Leroy

No comments: