Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Worship for Assisted Living



Hello,

This afternoon Leroy and I walked over to the assisted living building so he could have a worship service with them. I go along to play the piano. It was a cool 15 minute walk with the wind directly in our faces the last three blocks. Leroy had on something that covered his face quite well. I however felt the force of the wind and cold temperatures. I had put on some windbreak pants so my legs were fine, but Leroy said his legs were cold. On the way home it was great to have the wind at our back pushing us along.

I walked on the grass in many places because the sidewalks were slick. Or we walked on the street where they had put out sand. Sometimes I clung to Leroy’s arm hoping he could hold me up if I started to fall and if he fell first that I would land on top of him. Does he have enough flesh to stop me from breaking a bone? I am not sure.

These people in assisted living are lively compared to those in the nursing home. Mostly got around on their own, talked, sang, or joined in on the Lord’s Prayer. It seemed that they were not sure that we would come since the weather was so bad consequently people had not assembled by the time we got there. That was not really a problem since we have to get situated.

When we came home we had popcorn and apples. It was so refreshing.

I forgot to tell you that it was a small miracle on Sunday that my hair actually looked better than it had for two days. It was not at top form, but above the ground floor, so I was happy. It must have been that shampoo that guaranteed 90% more curl and no frizz. Then I put a little product on it that was supposed to volumize followed by a brush that seems to have the same purpose. The picture is what it looks like today so you can see how short it is.

Paula

No comments: