Sunday, December 28, 2008

Leroy's Day

Hello,

Leroy got a sideways compliment today. Aren’t those the best kind? One of the visitors in the congregation asked if his sermons were online. She lives in Washington D. C. and is visiting her daughter’s family. She has been here before. Leroy will email his sermons to her. I did have to say, "Leroy that is amazing. I think your sermons are good, but I do not want you to email them to me. I probably would not read them."

Leroy’s hand seems better today, however he finally realized that he did not have to shake hands with it. He did say that some people squeezed too hard. So finally today he used his left hand. Maybe by next Sunday healing will be more complete.

Today is the wedding anniversary of my parents. I do not know why I have been thinking about that. My mother died a bit over ten years ago and it is 21 years ago since my dad died. I would still like to be able to talk to them, but maybe someday that will happen.

It is beautiful here with the ice on the trees and fresh snow on the ground. Soon it will melt and we will think that is great driving weather.

Tomorrow Leroy and I go to Des Moines for our Kenya shots. We will have doctor’s permission slips in hand for the yellow fever shot, since I am over 60 a statement of my good health is required. Leroy, who is not yet 60, has the statement also, just in case. In case of what, I am not sure. It is starting to make this trip real. For some reason I have not thought much about it. Now it is only a little over a month away.

Paula

No comments: