Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Waking Early

Hello,

"Good morning," Leroy said as I accidentally bumped his knee.

"What time is it?" I wanted to know as I looked around at darkness.

"It is about 5:00," he responded.

"Please don’t greet me so early," I gently murmured as I prepared to go back to sleep.

"I am getting worried about the craft for the advent event tonight," Leroy sighed, "so I have been awake a while."

"I think it will be alright," I assured him, "I will go back to the stores and we will make do with what is in town or I will just drive somewhere else."

Within a couple minutes I could hear that Leroy had fallen asleep, leaving me wide awake stewing over the possibilities.

On Sunday when I said I would buy the supplies for this advent wreath venture, I never thought it would be so hard to do in town. We have been grappling with this since Monday. We have contacted people who were out of town for one reason or another, begging them to pick up some of these supplies. We have gotten some that way, but not all. There are not enough rings of one size, not enough candles of the proper color and the greenery costs a lot or it looks cheap.

Considering that we are now getting an inch of snow an hour I am not driving anywhere out of town. Most trips would be at least 30 minutes away on a dry road. The place that I really wanted to go to is more like 50 minutes. So, this morning I got plenty of cheap greenery and candles of a variety of interesting colors. The great this is that they were all 30-50 percent off. I figure that I will tell people to be flexible and they can talk about me when I am gone.
Leroy is starting to wonder if we will even meet tonight. "What! After I put in all this effort?" I wailed.

Paula

No comments: