Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cool Day

Hello,

I walked to a store that is a bit over a mile away. I had bought something there yesterday and today it was on sale at half off so I took it back to get the better price. Great for exercise and my purse! This afternoon I got a mammogram. That involved another walk of about a mile one way. After that I took some banana bread that has no sugar and no oil to the owner of the store where I bought the very ripe bananas. We had also discussed my cookbook that is called "More with Less" so I took my copy to show it to her. That was another walk of almost a mile. I figure that I have walked 5.5 miles and maybe a bit more. It was cool but sunny and not so much wind so I enjoyed all of these walks.

I have to say that I am a bit disgusted because my pedometer quit working. It seems the battery does not connect properly. Leroy tried putting in a small piece of paper to make it more firmly seated, but it squealed at that. We even tried a different battery, but it did not help. We have been back in the US for 2.5 years and I am have used three pedometers. I guess I should move up in quality.

When I was home today, I made banana bread as well as regular bread. While things were baking or rising I went out and pulled out the expired flowers in the front of the house.
We had put some cider in the freezer at church because we have so little room in our home freezer. I thought we had put our name on all of it. Yesterday, Leroy came home and said, "I think there is a gallon of cider in the refrigerator. Did you put one there instead of in the freezer?"

We discussed that for some time, and decided he should make sure it is cider since he had not opened the container. Later he reported, "There is only one gallon in the freezer." I know that I put two in there. That is one of the problems about using a public freezer. I believe someone took it out and did not put it back. Luckily the cider is still good so we have it at home now and will drink it.

Paula

No comments: