Friday, November 7, 2008

Snow

Hello,

We are getting a little snow today. I have walked twice and I will say that the wind is cold. I put on wool pants and winter coat for the second walk and that did make it much more comfortable.

The first walk was for a garage sale at a church. I was able to make some big purchases for a total of $.70. I got a wastebasket, two flowerpots, some stationary, and eight glasses. I think we will use all of these items so I feel good about it. That is what really counts, feeling good about it. We have broken five drinking glasses since we have been here. I am not sure what it is about, but one of them broke just as I was putting it in the water to wash it. Do you think they can get so old that they break spontaneously? At any rate I have now almost doubled the number of glasses that we have. Few glasses was not a problem until I decided to use the dishwasher. Then we seemed to run out of glasses immediately.

This afternoon I went to a service of Church Women United. It is a bit sad that all of these women are so old, but I think there is still some power there. One of the positives of the group is that they are looking beyond themselves. Seems to me that we can not do too much of that. If nothing else they are exposed to other Christian groups so they can dialog with them.

Leroy has not been feeling well for several days now. Not really sick, but he is very tired. Once in a while he complains that he is a little dizzy and then other times his stomach might hurt or again he might have a headache. Personally I am ready for him to be well again. I am not good with a sick person in the house. I want them to get it together and get on with life. When I did some career questions I did not come up very high for being a nurse, but fairly high for being a doctor. I suspect that is because those people have different relationships with patients. Doctors do not have to hang around the "sick bed" so much. That seems to be my style.

Paula

No comments: