Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting

Hello,

Even thought I do not talk about the election, Leroy and I did vote. Our polling place is on the way to church for Leroy so I just walked over there with him. I thought it might be busy as others could vote before they went to work, but neither of us had to wait. I was a little concerned that I had not brought any identification, after all not everyone here knows who I am, but it was no problem as they could find my name on the list. Did I vote intelligently? Who knows! I had checked out two presidential candidates so that was really the easiest selection. I also had no trouble with the persons running for senate. The house was a little harder, but I had read something about them, but nothing really positive about either. After that it was a much harder to make a mark on the paper. Then there was a list of judges that I knew nothing about. Should they remain? It is hard to say. I could not even vote for them because they looked good in their robes. I really knew nothing about them.

This afternoon I started washing windows. I figure this will be the last time for this house. I had done eight of them by the time Leroy came home for supper. He then helped and we got ten more finished. The leaves only the picture window and the two that flank it. I will do those tomorrow morning before the sun gets around to the west side of the house. I also have to do the doors, but that should not be difficult, as they are more sheltered. I am grateful for these windows that tilt in to wash. They are worth every penny that the church spent on them.

The pastor that this congregation was interviewing is off the list. They decided to wait for another candidate. So we could be here longer than we thought again. Neither of us is getting too excited about an uncertain future. Everyday I tell God that I am trusting for today. I figure that I can not go farther down the road than 24 hours.

Miriam said, "Olivia went to her dad’s office and handed out her trick-or-treat candy to the people who worked there. She had so much fun doing that. She gave one to everyone, but she picked them out."

Paula

No comments: