Monday, November 3, 2008

Singing In Church

Hello,

My singing in church went well yesterday. Several things helped me. I tried to memorize the piece making it easier to sing without thinking so much about whether I was singing blest or blessed. I did not truly memorize it because I need a lot more repetitions. You know the memory is not what it used to be. I also did not look at the people doing the liturgal dance nor did I look at the congregation even though I like to do that. I believe it makes the singing more personal. Also I tried to visualize myself singing perfectly well. I told God, "This is my gift to you and I will do the best that I can."

Besides all that my hair looked good! That was probably the most important thing.

We had one tree that had not lost all leaves in the last windstorm. It appeared to me that there were not many left on the tree. I was wrong. The ground was blanketed with leaves this morning. Now they have almost all fallen, but I am not going to rake just yet since I misjudged the amount before.

Leroy served breakfast at the men’s bible study this morning. He made pancakes and bacon, accompanied by applesauce, syrup, apple cider, and coffee. He put some cinnamon in the pancakes and many commented that they were great and wondered what brand of mix he was using. He is tired now because he had to get up at five to get all of that together.

We are washing and waxing cars. We have one more to go, but Leroy is not sure that he wants to do it. I was visiting with someone so he did one all by himself. I am not sure that I want to do it alone, but I could do most of it. I do like to take advantage of the warm fall weather that we are having.

Paula

No comments: