Saturday, November 15, 2008

Starting my trip

Hello,

"I see snow on the roof," I told Leroy as I glanced out the window. He looked and agreed that there was a little snow.

As we were eating breakfast, I said, "I see snow in the air."

"I can’t see it," he replied.

Then about ten minutes later he remarked, "I can see snow."

"It is snowing harder now," I sadly agreed as I thought of our trip to the airport. We have to drive for almost an hour.

This is when it is sometimes hard to trust. When the immediate looks unpromising. But now it has been snowing for almost and hour and there is not much on the ground so I think it will be ok.

I washed clothes this morning and finished packing with room to spare in my carry on bag. That is a good feeling. I will pack some snacks in a bag that I carry over my shoulder. I wear my fanny pack or belt bag even though it is not the height of fashion. If they feel I have too many bags I can stick the belt bag in the other bag I am carrying, but I suspect they will not care since the belt bag is secured to my body.

I just looked out and I do not see any snow in the air. Yeah!

Leroy is planning to go to a dinner tonight, a movie on Monday night, and check out videos from the library. All of those movies are things I would not care to see. He gets lonely, but he manages to find some things to do. Now I believe I will be so busy that I am not sure I will get to read the one book that I had Miriam check out of her library for me.

Paula

No comments: