Monday, November 10, 2008

Serious Subject

Hello,

Because this subject is quite serious I will probably write a little longer than usual because I want to cover all aspects of this issue. I have grappled with this subject for sometime and now I have decided to declare an open forum on this item.

When we first came back to the US I was confronted with the need to buy toilet paper. But what kind should I buy? After four years absence I did not know what was the best in terms of value let alone softness and strength. Instead I was confronted with a dizzying array of possibilities. Since the need was eminent I made a selection based on advertising, coupons, sales and what was close at hand. I can no longer remember what kind this was, but it was not as strong as it seemed it should be. After we dutifully used four rolls, because you know I can not throw it away, but must use it, I bought another kind. This one seemed to be better, but still not the best I am sure.

After we moved here there was a sale on Charmin. Seemed that one ranked high on the scale of good toilet tissue. With coupon in hand I went in and bought the basic variety thinking, "What more do I need?" I bought a package that had about 48 double rolls, enough to last us until we moved.

I soon learned that basic Charmin is about as fragile as toilet paper gets. I was ashamed to have guests come and use it. But use it we must because I can not throw this stuff down the drain.

When Miriam visited she wondered, "Did you buy the cheapest type that you could?"

I even wrote a letter to the Charmin people declaring my unhappiness. They, however, were not concerned and just ignored my lament.

Because we have managed to stay here longer than the original plan, we have used the last of this whimsy tissue. The ordeal now becomes what should I buy? I did buy a store brand but only four rolls, none of this 48 double roll purchase of the untested. This brand was strong, but not as soft as a summer breeze.

Is there no perfect toilet paper out there waiting for me to purchase it?
I am happy to listen to any suggestions that you might have. Leroy and I will just maintain control on until we hear from you.

Paula

1 comment:

Colleen Wear said...

Paula...I like the Charmin Ultra (blue) pkg mega roll; yeah it isn't the cheapest on the block but it does prevent "break throughs" ewwwwwwwww