Thursday, November 13, 2008

Surveys? Who Notices?

Hello,

I went to the store today and bought toilet paper that I have never heard of before. I was all set to buy Cottenelle because it was on sale plus had two recommendations. But right next to it was this new upstart that was cheaper and squeezed as if it were good. It is called Gentilleness. With a name like that it has to be good, right? If we don’t like it I will grumble a bit and get over it and life will go on.

We had a nice afternoon. We made a pear crisp with no sugar. We liked it just fine. I am thinking that the pears and apples are in danger of moving on to a different life. I found space in the fridge so I added some of both to that cold spot. It has been so wonderful to have all of this fruit around. Leroy takes apples to work. We both consume about two a day.

One of the congregation members came over this afternoon. He and Leroy worked on siding. Some of it was coming off again. Just before he came Leroy painted two of the upstairs window frames. While this guy was here Leroy asked if he would help move the cider press down stairs. That was great that he could assist since I had not been looking forward to that chore. We are getting snuggled in for the winter. I had planned to finally rake some leaves, but it is misting so I am not going to get it done. Maybe there will be a warm December day that the outdoors will call. Then I will get that job done.

I feel badly because Tatyana did not come today for tutoring nor did she come on Tuesday. I went over to her house two times, but there was no answer to my knock. I do not know what to think. I wonder: is she sick, is she not liking what I do, is she just tired of it, or is she not home? Besides that she has two books that I checked out of the library. I have renewed one of them and will have to renew the other since I will be out of town starting Saturday. I keep telling myself it is only money if I have to pay for them. Leroy will have to try to make connections if I do not find her tomorrow. I had not let her know that I would be gone. I do not know her last name neither do I have her phone number so I simply have to go to her door all of the time. That is easy since it is just across the street.

Paula

No comments: