Friday, November 14, 2008

Missouri Crossings

Hello,

Last night a woman was talking about "Missouri Crossings". Now I had never heard that term and really did not know what she meant except that she seemed be going over water.

It turns out, if any of you do not know either, that a Missouri Crossing" is a more exciting way to cross a creek than using a bridge. You drive down into the bed of the stream, through water, on something that is metal, aim up the other side and out. This woman declared that it is better to use a pick-up truck or a jeep than a car. I was also surprised to learn that you can find "Missouri Crossings" in Texas too. I guess I have just lived a very sheltered life. Or maybe Illinois where I grew up does not have such a thing.

I was so happy today when Tatyana came over with my library books. She told me that her daughter-in-law had had a baby so now Tatyana is a grandmother. She had been with the family for five days. Apparently she had told her husband to tell me, but he did not get the job done.
I was also pleased to give away some pears and apples. I have been concerned that we would not be able to use all of them. I think Leroy can be responsible for the rest of them while I am gone. He even thinks he might make something with them.

Life is getting in order. I even finished a book I had been reading. Actually I took a big chunk of time today just for that purpose. Besides that I cleaned the bathroom sinks and raked the front yard. The mailman told me that we are to have a strong wind tomorrow. So does that mean I should have waited for wind help to get rid of leaves? Who knows I might even get more leaves from my neighbors who have not raked just as I had not. I guess that would be an exchange.

Paula

No comments: