Friday, November 27, 2020

Yoga for Thanksgiving

Hello,

 

Last Thursday my two regulars for online yoga asked if I was going to have it on Thanksgiving. Was this a “tongue in cheek” question? It could have been, but I told them I would plan to be there at the usual time. If they came fine and if not that was also fine with me. I was a bit surprised to see them tune at the usual time. We had a nice session and I did not work them very hard. At the end one of them commented that it was so good to be stretched out and flexible before their holiday meal. Rather an unusual occurrence. I have never had yoga on Thanksgiving because we used to always have it in the library and this made a new thing possible. I too felt good and ready for the day. They also were eating with just the two of them and would have online connections with others in the afternoon.

 

While I was doing yoga Leroy was in the kitchen boiling ravioli. Ravioli is his family’s special holiday meal treat. We had made the dough and the filling the day before and froze them. Together we made the sauce before I started yoga. Leroy had never boiled it by himself. He did just fine. He mostly remembered the process since he has helped with that in the past. I thought he cut the boiling time a little short, but we just turned the crock pot on high instead of low so it was all good at noon.

 

Mid morning we had a zoom get together with our children. We played a game. Leroy and I were the low scoring people in that game. I think they should have given us a boost since we were only two and the others had four people to pool answers. It was fun anyway. In the middle of the night I could not sleep so I was coming up with a number of answers at great speed. Surely we would have placed much better had the game occurred then.

 

Paula

No comments: