Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Naked Produce

Hello,

 

Today we went to the store and got some naked apples, potatoes, and some naked beets. Just for good measure we bought naked soap. Just what is all this naked stuff you ask? It is produce that is not packaged. We are trying, at least from time to time, to make our lives a little less wasteful. The garden is perfect for that, but purchasing bare produce is another step in that direction. Since these items were also organic and local the bill is higher, but we are also trying to realize that we hurt many things when we spend carelessly.

 

It is hard to have such a frugal background and standards that do not live well in that fence. Definitely a small war zoon inside. With no children at home, both of us working part time, and social security, we are quite able to meet the expense. We will often donate to causes that help create a better world for many and I have decided this fits in that area. Leroy seems to agree, but then he might have been there before I was able to even think of it.

 

The naked soap is a piece of soap without a wrapper of any kind. I am not sure how it gets to the store, but hopefully just in a box. We do have to use a small paper bag for the produce. So that is some waste, but it is at least recyclable. I also try to reuse it at home.

 

Leroy did some more trimming trees out of the hedge and I joined him after my online meeting. He gets quite tired doing this but feels that he has accomplished something when done.

 

I read this over and it looks I as if /.preached a sermon, but I am going to let it be. You do not have to read it if you don’t want to.

 

Paula

No comments: