Saturday, November 21, 2020

Dripping Shower

Hello,

 

Wednesday morning when I was finished with my shower I turned off the water only to find that it was still dripping, a lot. I tried various things: turning it off more firmly, turning it back on and off, and turning it back on and off with the hot and cold in different positions. As a last resort I called Leroy to come try his skill at getting it to stop. He got no better results than I did.

 

We went on to eat breakfast, all the while hearing drips. After breakfast I did some of the same steps to see if now it would work. Nothing!  I disliked thinking about all that water going down the drain so I put an ice cream bucket under it. I have that handy because I use that bucket for various scrubbing tasks. That worked, but it filled in about an hour and a half. Then a trip to the garage was required to fetch a larger bucket. I emptied that one on the trees outside at about noon. At that point it was full enough that it challenged me to get it downstairs and outside without spilling. In the middle of the afternoon I emptied again, but it was not so hard to carry.

 

We tried searching for the shut off valves, but could not find them. We found one for the toilet, and some for the sink. Leroy even took off a screwed on panel on the attic steps. Water pipes were back there but no shut off possibility. We did not want to contact our landlord because they were enjoying a last of the year camping trip which was a bit of a distance away. It was not an emergency so we just listened to drips and emptied when needed.

 

Before we went to bed we once again emptied it. We were both concerned that it would be very full in the morning. When it was very quiet before going to sleep I could still hear those bothersome drips.

 

In the morning Leroy went in to take his shower and commented that there was only about three inches of water in the bucket. Strange! When he turned off the water after his shower the drip was gone. Is he a miracle worker or what? He thinks there might have been something clogging the line and it was now gone. We have been drip free since that time.

 

Paula

No comments: