Saturday, November 7, 2020

Leroy on the News

Hello,

 

While delivering books to the little free libraries, we saw a station set up to talk about our city’s response to climate change. Neither of us had a mask because we do not wear them when we are out walking, we just give others a wide space to themselves.  We continued on our way. For some reason Leroy reached in his pocket and discovered that he did indeed have a mask. On our way home, we stopped to fill out a survey about climate change. They then wanted to interview us. I said, “I do not have a mask, so Leroy you can talk. You are quite glib. Just do not say uh too many times.”

 

They have to come a bit close to get the mike up to the interviewee. Leroy did a fine job keeping his thoughts in order. Most times he likes to think before he answers. Guess he sorts through what he might say. I thought he did a fine job. Here is the link if you would like to see it. https://www.kcrg.com/2020/11/05/ground-teams-gather-feedback-for-climate-action-plan/

 

We did not see this on the news, but our daughters knew about it before we did, thanks to the internet. Leroy heard about it from one of his co workers who was still in bed when he heard Leroy’s voice. Guess that is one way to wake up. I hear that voice every morning.

 

We were happy to put some more books in the little free libraries. I was able to buy 30 books and had 26 more donated from people who use to work with children. I still have a few more to deliver, but will soon get that done.

 

I am happy to share with others. I just hope that some kid who needs to see these finds them. That, of course, is not in my control.

 

I am also grateful that Leroy will walk with me and help carry the load. Even paperback books weigh quite a bit.

 

Paula

No comments: