Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Surprise

Hello,

 

I hung out clothes as I like doing. While getting an item out of the clothes basket I felt something brush my hair and then noticed a bit of bird poop on the clothes pin bucket. “Oh no is there bird poop in my hair,” I wondered.

 

Then it was a question do I run my hand over my hair or not. Totally grossed out was how I felt. I bent over and shook my head a little, hoping to dislodge anything that might be there. When I went in I looked in the mirror first thing. I could see nothing, but I took a comb and very carefully when through a part of the hair and looked at the comb teeth to see if anything were there. Nothing, but I repeated the process several times. I felt creepy, but decided that my hair was ok. Would it be better to be bald like Leroy and see whatever might have been on my head or to have hair which hid things quite well?

 

I am grateful for all the technology that we have available. It certainly keeps us connected with others. I do both Tai chi and yoga on line with people I know and like to visit with.

 

This afternoon we had a meeting with our financial advisors. It is so nice that we can do this safely. One of the people has tested positive with Covid, but he is asymptomatic. Good for him, but he would not be able to meet with people if not for the technology.

 

I took a long walk this afternoon. It was surprising that it was not warmer, but it still felt good to be out. I met two walkers and saw three bicycles. I am glad to see people getting out. I am happy that we have a mask mandate in the state now. I did not wear one when walking. Today no one else had one either. Some days others do. I wonder if it is needed when I walk outside because I can be quite a distance from others. Easily it is six feet and there is frequently a strong wind blowing.

 

Paula

No comments: