Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Some Good Things

Hello,

 

Leroy and I went to the community garden this morning. We used our great garden cart to haul the yardie which is a big garbage can that we can use for yard waste. Once at the garden we filled it, but not tamped down, with spent tomato vines, passé pepper plants, and the occasional weed. There are still some hardy plants such as that Red Russian Kale which did not try to influence the election, celery for cooking, Cilantro for flavoring, rainbow chard for great color, and some small broccoli. All are good choices for health and prosperity?

 

There was also a plastic bag floating around. I snagged it to use for the odd pieces of plastic that had blown into the garden. On the way home I picked up pieces of trash that seem to migrate in. It was full by the time I got to the house, so that was for the garbage bin.

 

Later I went to the half price book store where I tried to use up the money that was on my card for the little free libraries. It was a bit harder than I realized it would be. I did not remember the exact amount on the card, but that it was a bit over $2. The person at the checkout figured out how to get $2 used, I just spent my own money for the rest of it. I had expected to use some of my own money before I went. In fact, I got extra books on purpose.

 

Before I got home Leroy called to tell me that my glasses were in. I went over and picked them up. It is so great to see so well again. The only problem is looking at the computer screen not in the right space, but I can manage. Perhaps I will waste less time there if I do not see it so well? Looking out the window is wonderful because I see so far.

 

Paula

No comments: