Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Ordinary Day?

Hello,

 

Today was tai chi online. The library has an account so I am responsible for opening the meeting even though someone else leads it. This morning I was reading a book and Leroy alerted me that it was only three minutes left before the starting time. Usually I set a timer when I am wandering around doing other things ahead of time. All of the others must have been waiting because as soon as I logged on the waiting room was full of people. Sort of full: there were three others to admit. They cannot start without me. How is that for important? Certainly it is a responsibility.  There are actually seven of us who attend with three of the units having two people in attendance.

 

I had to leave early because I had an appointment to get a health clearance to open a life insurance policy. Leroy took care of closing the meeting. I had felt quite a bit on edge because of my blood pressure possibly being high. Instead she pronounced it perfect. Maybe I just worry and fuss too much when it is taken. I have been checking at home and it seems to be all over the place. I can often lower it 20 degrees or more just by meditating and deep breathing for a few minutes. Agitation is not good for the soul or body. I will have to go back to daily meditation.

 

Even though there is a light rain/mist, Leroy and I walked once in the snow in the morning and in the afternoon in higher temps to get me to 9550 steps. I plan to get to 10000 before bed. It should be easy.

 

It was easy, Leroy came in and said, “I am going to walk again, I need about 2000 more steps.”

 

I joined him. It was so nice out because the rain had stopped with almost no wind. We walked some blocks in the neighborhood. Even though I think it is much too early for Christmas decorations, it was fun to see what was out there.

 

Paula

No comments: