Thursday, November 26, 2020

Busy Day Yesterday, Early

Hello,

 

Leroy was to have blood work done in the morning. I had thought he might drive, but when he told me he was going to walk, I went too. It was somewhat misty out. I took the backpack with an umbrella for each of us as well as a mask for me even though I did not intend to go in the building. We had breakfast first before setting off at a more rapid pace than usual. The prediction of rain and the mist in the air were a definite prod. It was otherwise quite nice out. When we got to the building, I did go in because there was a little more moisture in the air and almost no one else around. There were only about three cars in the lot. I stayed in the long entrance hall, seeing one other person and we had plenty of room to social distance. I turned the corner to see if Leroy was coming. There was the desk with the questions, temperature taker and hand sanitizer. I explained that I was just waiting. I still answered the questions, had a temperature check and used some hand sanitizer. Since I was not really going into the building they did not give me a sticker indicating that I had been checked.

 

On the walk home, even more moisture was in the air, but we just walked faster without umbrellas. We stopped at the grocery store to get some cottage cheese that was less altered than what we had seen in the other store. There were almost no customers at that early hour so that was good. All were wearing masks.

 

We often walk through the park in our area. I took some pictures last week and will share those with you. I have the feeling that even with pictures you cannot get a complete feeling of what it is like to see this once beautiful tree filled place. I guess you could say it is stripped of its assets.

 





Paula

No comments: