Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Birds

Hello,

 

I was in the computer room taking my blood pressure when I heard a bang on the window. Because I am on the second floor it is not likely to be a human. I did not see a bird, but I assume that is what it is. Sometimes when different species are migrating they eat the berries on the cedar trees and go a bit crazy. We do not have a cedar tree here, but birds like to rest/hide in the fir trees outside the window. Later I was in the bedroom and again heard a bang on the window. I could not see any birds on the ground, but some were in the tree. I do not know what kind they were. Their coloring put them in the sparrow family. Although the sound was loud enough that it seemed likely to be larger than a sparrow.

 

In spite of low temperatures I hung out clothes. It takes them a bit longer to dry, but I still think it is worth it to get me out of the house. Leroy tells me that he will come home a bit early so we can go for a nice long walk in the sunshine. He rode his bike today. It was 28 degrees when he left so he was quite bundled up.

 

Our downstairs friends were gone for a few days. I put water in the bird bath because it had gotten low. I was impressed at the number of birds that came to get a drink and perhaps take a bath. Certainly there was a lot of splashing, but I also saw many getting a drink. I did not realize how important the water is to them. There are also squirrels, cats, and the occasional possum that get a drink there as well.

 

Paula

No comments: