Monday, November 16, 2020

Satisfaction

Hello,

 

Leroy and I went for what is turning into our usual early morning walk. We went a little different way into the park. We were greeted with a beautiful sunrise and a great pile of tree debris which is from the August 10, derecho.


 

At home, I washed a load of clothes and hung them out it was almost up to 40 degrees and warmer is to come. By late afternoon everything had dried. I folded my clothes and those we share leaving Leroy to take care of his things. Because he is also working part time, I have no guilt about expecting him to take on more of the load. Generally he is fine with doing that although he does not always think about the same things that I do. I perhaps have different ideas about what is necessary.

 

In the afternoon we went over to a friend’s house to trim some trees out of her hedge. We have done this before but it has been a while and things have grown again. Leroy found it especially satisfying to have something physical to do. He sometimes feels a bit useless. His strength is not up to the level that it once was. But this he could work at his own pace and ability. A power saw might be nice, but he managed to do a lot with his camping chain saw. This just has handles with a blade between and he pulls first one way and then the other. The trees are not so large around only about 2-3 inches in diameter.

 

Once in a while he would need me to help put pressure on the tree because the chain would become caught with the weight of the tree pressing on it. Generally then it took both of us to free it. Our friend also had an excellent hand saw that Leroy used quite a lot. I did a lot of branch picking up and hauling to the pickup spot. All in all it was very satisfying to me too.

 

Paula

No comments: