Thursday, March 19, 2020

Will I be Busy?

Hello,



At least I am not alone with Leroy here too. Once in a while he even talks to me. However he is working at least six hours a day. So much of the time he is occupied. He will go back in to work tomorrow to bring home more things as the building will be totally closed next week. I guess you could say he is getting prepared.



We did a shopping trip yesterday morning. It was interesting in the big box store, where hand sanitizer, alcohol, and toilet paper were still not on the shelf, there were few customers. We then went to a grocery store that was much busier than I thought it would be. We tried to stay a respectful distance from people and managed quite well until we checked out. I am quite grateful for those workers who can still come to work.



For some reason in the middle of the store I thought about how some of the people I was seeing could be dead in a relatively short while. Somehow it made them seem so human. I offered up some prayers. I hope that coming out of all this we as a culture will realize that we are all dependent on one another. Kindness and courtesy should rule.



People were so serious and did not spend much time loitering, but seemed to be on a mission. Soon after we came in the door, Leroy noticed that someone had a package of toilet paper so he said just as he was walking off, “You start getting the other things and I will get some toilet paper.”



I thought that was a bit silly, but by the time I got to that aisle it was all gone. Smart Leroy? Someone in the parking lot said they would take our cart back for us. As they were waiting for it they remarked about how rude so many people are, cutting in line, etc. I was grateful that we did not see any of that.



Paula

No comments: