Friday, March 27, 2020

Walks

Hello,



I crave the outdoors so I am still taking walks to get my 10,000 steps. I have decided to go early rather than late because I see fewer people, not that anyone comes close. We mostly keep to our side of the path and nod or smile as we meet.



I do notice a few spring flowers as well as more and more birds talking away. Generally those birds are up in the trees which have no leaves, but I still have a hard time finding them. I am grateful for their presence and apparent cheer.



Leroy is working diligently, but without much joy on his list of 100 people to call for the museum. He is a bit upset because he did not realize the deadline, to be finished, was so soon. He thought he had an additional week to get the job done.



I am glad I do not have to make those calls, however I have decided to call my extended family as well as old friends just to check in. Since I have that power available all the time, why not just call on a whim? Why wait for these unusual circumstances?  Am I still locked into the idea that a phone call is an expensive deal?



Unfortunately it is so easy to slip back into common routines. Guess I wonder if there will be a change or not.



Paula

No comments: