Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Shopping Again

Hello,



I did not intend to go out again until after next week, but Leroy’s work told him that they expect the worst virus surge in Iowa to happen in the middle to the end of April. We did not have enough food supplies to last that long. So then it becomes a question of should we go now or later when it might be worse. Such a choice! Leroy especially thought it would be better to go now rather than to wait until later. I felt a little freaked out, but I went as they are recommending only one person from a household should go. And Leroy had work to do. I tried to be prepared by having sanitary wipes in a plastic bag along with hand sanitizer. Would you believe, after I was in the store I realized I forgot the face mask Leroy has from carpenter projects.



I certainly tried to stay away from people, but it is not always so easy. Luckily I found everything on my list, perhaps because I do not always buy so many mainstream items.



Not touching my face takes a lot of vigilance. I remember from when I had the pre cancer skin treatment it hurt to touch my face and I became aware of how often I do touch without thinking about it.



When checking out, I chatted a bit with the checker as we have in the past. I apologized for being out, but I needed more things. She replied, “It is ok. You at least are buying (and she waved her hand in the general direction of my selections.) Some people are coming in everyday and just buying a few things. One man comes in and buys one thing every day and we know he does not need it.”



Because I use my own shopping bags I bagged the groceries by the car and washed all bags along with my jacket, jeans, and other clothing. Hopefully I did not catch anything or give anything away while out and about. I expect to be home for three weeks now. We are covered.



Paula

No comments: