Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Settling In

Hello,



We have now lived in this place for eight years. As I have said before we only expected to stay a year and a half. Obviously we know little about the path our lives will take.



Today Leroy went to the museum to bring home a computer as well as some items to catalog. He is all set up and did a little of that today.



I went out this morning and picked up trash on my block. I wore gloves and never touched my face. Also the trash has probably been there since some snow in January certainly it was not new stuff. So besides the virus I do not want to touch it because it is quite unsavory. I do wish smokers would stop putting butts on the ground. I understand that is not good for the environment. Also they are hard to pick up when wearing thick gloves. I got four plastic grocery type bags full. We had a bag from the city that we can fill with trash from the streets, but that is now full so I put two bags in the regular garbage. We do not have so much garbage each week so it is ok.



To get my 10,000 steps I did take a walk on the bike trail in the nice afternoon sun. Today there were more people out. Yesterday I only met three, today it was about 13.



Life is certainly taking a new path now. We are trying to be flexible and go with what is best for all. I am grateful for phones, computers and TV’s. What a wealth of connections we have available!



Paula

No comments: