Monday, March 16, 2020

At Home

Hello,



We are at home as I suspect many of you are also. I guess Leroy and I can handle so much togetherness. I am grateful that our apartment has enough space that we can stay away from each other at least some of the time.



My library is closed. My boss gave me the option to come in and catalog if I wanted as there are still some items on my desk that need to be done. I chose to stay home instead. A bigger lure was the idea of getting more books as I only have one library book at home. There are two other books on a shelf at home that I thought I might like to read, but have not felt like it since I got them. I suspect they will become more attractive as time goes on. I have kept them around for that time when I could not go to the library, even though a part of me felt the no library day would never come. To think it is the new reality.



Leroy and I took a long walk this afternoon. There were almost no people out and about except at the taverns. I believe that will stop soon as they are closing more public meeting places.



Leroy is spending a lot of time working on his stamp collection. Perhaps I should have some type of hobby as well, but I cannot imagine what that could be.



One of the local grocery stores is open an hour early for seniors three days of the week. I believe I will go on Thursday. They said the shelves would be stocked and a serious cleaning accomplished.



Leroy is going to work tomorrow so he can bring home work and just do it here. The museum has closed.



Paula

No comments: