Saturday, March 28, 2020

People and Worms

Hello,



This morning when I walked I saw people and worms on the path. Not so many people, but I wanted to tell you how I meet them. The bike trail is about 6 feet wide, at least I know that a vehicle can use it, but they are not supposed to. If there is only one person I move to the extreme edge of my side. My side is usually the same as traffic patterns for this country. If there are two people and one is still in the middle, I step off the path and give them a wider berth. I met one lone runner who was using the middle so again I moved well off the trail. Most people are moving over much the same way that I do and walk on the opposite edge. Generally we smile, wave, or greet each other.



If I meet someone on the sidewalk which I need to use to get to the trail, I often step into the street. Or if I see them in advance and can cross the street, I do that. I still do not see so many in the morning but later traffic picks up. Leroy went for a bike ride in the afternoon and he reported a number of dog walkers and walkers were out.



It had rained last night so there were a number of worms on the trail. We humans disturb all kinds of life forms with our intrusions. I wanted to stop and move all of them to the side, but that would stretch my walk much too long. The trail is wide enough that I wonder if they will manage to survive. Worms are so good for the earth, what a shame that they die on the pavement.



I forgot to attach my violet picture. I get a lot of joy from going in the room and seeing this in all its glory.




Paula

No comments: