Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Money Matters

Hello,



We turned in our papers for taxes this morning. I know our children think we should do the taxes some cheaper, easier way but Leroy commented that because ours are a bit more bother because of pensions and Leroy being a minister, he is happy to pay someone to do it. So our part of that task is finished for another year. We also find it convenient to get some advice from this man. I guess we pay for peace of mind.



This morning I called the pension place for which I now work. Because my predicted monthly amount goes up as long as I work, I thought I should not be getting the monthly amount. Instead I learned I should have been getting the benefits since I turned 70 as I can still work and receive moneys. I will apply now and get it as soon as possible. Unfortunately I will not get those two years that I have missed. Oops it does not work as Leroy’s did which is that he only got it when he stopped working for the church.



Oh well, I tell myself, “It is only money, not some important body part that no longer works.”



I will have to learn to be more aggressive about asking questions. The trouble is to know to ask rather than assume I know the answer.





Paula

No comments: