Sunday, September 3, 2017

Our Last Day Together

Hello,



We headed off to the Dubuque River Museum early Monday morning. Two cars were required to haul the team. Later Miriam and her family would head off to Chicago to get on two planes; Andy to go to work while Miriam and the girls would go home. In the meantime Leroy and I would head north to meet Brian in Rochester to give back the gift of his children.



I was especially interested in seeing the monster fish at the museum. I had been hoping that there might be an actual monster, but the descriptions were good too. We had a group picture taken there so I was pleased with that.



However, touching the rays pulled ahead in popularity. It was interesting to see many of the exhibits again because I did not remember everything.



When we arrived at the museum there was a long line of people there hoping to see the eclipse. We did not get in that line, but went outside just a few minutes ahead of the 90% showing. Luckily the clouds moved aside and a museum worker came up and asked if we would like to look through the special glasses. People were taking turns and we did the same. It was great to see it.



Afterwards when I talked to people who saw the 100% show, it was noticeable that they were quite excited about what they had experienced. I made a vow that next time I would drive to be in the right place for that. Do you imagine that I will remember and respond correctly to it?



Paula

No comments: