Friday, September 29, 2017

Brain Cell Growth

Hello,



Surely there was brain cell growth today as I shopped on the other side of town. It almost seemed as thought intensive as moving to a new place and learning where things are. The first challenge is where are the stores located? The second is what streets would create the best and most logical path to use to get to that destination? Some of these stores I do know location, but it is not clearly stamped in my brain. I made a few wrong turns, but not many. I will say that store signs do help for zeroing in on them.



It took a little bit of energy inside and outside of the buildings to get my bearings. The inside issue is where are things located in this particular store? Even though I am used to shopping in the same big box store across town previous knowledge does not help. Arrangements are different from store to store.



I cut my shopping trip one store short because I was more tired. On the way home I did buy gas and wondered once again why it costs ten or more cents per gallon more in my neighborhood. It seems to me it should be about the same across the city.



I did put some things in the trunk and found an apple rolling around since Wednesday when I bought apples. In spite of that careless treatment this apple was still almost bruise-less.



From now on the majority of shopping will be done on this more familiar side of town. My brain cells with have to find another way of exercising and gaining flexibility and youthfulness.



One of the reasons for making this trip was that I could stop at the main public library building and pick up a book kit for the book club this Sunday. That kit could be dropped off at church which was also on the way home. That is all in the effort of combining trips when the car is out. I just try to make it all in the same logical flow.



Paula

No comments: