Sunday, October 1, 2017

Losing thoughts

Hello,



Earlier, I had brilliant ideas about what to write to you, however now I am sitting here trying to dredge those ideas up from the recesses of my brain and they are nowhere to be found.



On the way home from church I realized that I had forgotten to take the Fitbit out of my pocket consequently it was hanging out quietly at home going nowhere. That is a bit annoying to me since I had just walked a mile to church and was going the mile home. Later in the afternoon at a concert that was about a half mile walk from home I realized that I had still forgotten to move the step tracker to my person. The one thing I can do is to record walks and it will add steps. The problem is, it is based on time and I do not have a solid idea of how much time I need to add to equal the steps that I usually acquire when going to church. At least now my total is not as dismal as it was before I made a guess about that.



I found the concert enjoyable. It was a faculty recital at the closest college. There were two singers, one pianist, and a guitarist. I am grateful to live so close to both colleges as there are many interesting things that we can attend, often free of charge which makes it sweeter. There are a lot of sports events, but I am not interested in going. I seem never to have become a sports spectator. It could still happen in this life, but I do not expect it. This afternoon there was a football game that we walked past as well as a softball game. I am sad to say that many more people were at the sporting events than the number at the music concert.



Leroy tells me today that my face is healing nicely from the surgery to remove the skin cancer. I can feel it easily, but to see it is another issue requiring a hand held mirror angled just the right way. I do not bother to do that very often. One thing about this spot, I got almost no sympathy because it is really hidden back by my hair and under my chin. Guess I am lucky indeed. Hidden is good.



Paula

No comments: