Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Phone Number

Hello,



On Saturday I answered the phone to an inquiry to speak to someone other than Leroy. I told them that it must be a wrong number. In a minuet they called back. Recognizing that voice, I took some time to ask what number they were calling. It was my number. The woman said that her phone company had just changed her number. Neither us had any idea why we had the same number, but all calls were coming to me. Maybe because I have had the number for a longer period of time?



Later I got a robot call from a drug store telling me that my prescription was ready to pick up. I just ignored that since I have no prescriptions out there. Later Leroy told me he also answered a call about that drug pick up. The next day I once again got that same call.



Today a different someone called and asked for a person with a name that I did not recognize. I told them they had a wrong number. Again it was not long before I received a second call. I inquired about what number they were trying to call, only to learn, as expected, that it was my number. This person told me he was trying to reach his brother. He apologized saying, “I will take care of it.”



I then told him, “When you make contact, please tell him that the drug store is trying to get a hold of them about picking up a prescription.”



Seems to me this person gets more calls than we do. It also makes me think about when we lived in Chariton. Leroy’s cell number was sold to another company. That time Leroy had to get a new number. His new number is associated with the Vermont area. Course, these days numbers do not show where everyone lives, as numbers can stay with people through many moves. Are we getting less tied to a place?



Paula

No comments: