Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Vacation Over

Hello,



Leroy and I drove back to Iowa on Sunday. It was a great trip which I will talk more about later. The first day back to work was a bit challenging for both of us. Seems we need a day of rest from taking time off. I did get a flu shot Monday morning, so that may account for some of the tired feelings that are still a bit with me.



Yesterday morning at tai chi one of the other participants asked if my car was silver. At the affirmative response she said, “You have a flat tire.”



It was indeed flat. Flat enough that I wondered how I did not feel more wobble as I drove. I did notice many bumps, but thought nothing of it. After the class the leader helped me put air in at the station that was a half block away. How could I be so lucky? He could not see anything in the tire even when I rolled a little so he could see all of it. He put in an extra five pounds pressure and commented, “Since you got here on that you can probably get home without trouble.”



I headed off to cover the twelve miles with a fast beating heart, a resolve to learn how to do such air filling by myself, and a slow sped. Do you have any idea how many bumps the road has? Maybe your roads are smooth as silk, but mine is not, even though it is newly repaved. I could not stand it and decided I must not take the fast road. Besides not taking the fast road I had to stop and look at it. It looked fine. When Leroy came home I announced, “Because my commute is farther, I am taking the other car until this tire is checked.”



Leroy drove it without incident and the tire still looks quite inflated. Mysteries! I am grateful that I did not have the tire go in the middle of my trip, but when I was stopped and could do something about it. Blessings, blessings!



Paula

No comments: