Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Thoughts

Hello,



I generally do not comment on events that are not in my immediate world, however after the recent mass shooting I do want to say that I am overwhelmed by the ability of people to kill other people. Somehow it seems that the USA has a huge slice of this characteristic. As no other developed country comes anywhere close to us. This is certainly not a point of pride. I am also bothered by the fact that we no longer even hear about all of the mass shootings perhaps because there are so many of them happening that we have become immune to all but the largest. I pray about such, but am almost at a loss as to what to pray for, certainly solutions would be good.



On another note I just received a call today that my last living aunt has died. I am truly now of the oldest generation in my family. How does one assume such a role? Seems to me it just happens. What is required? Now that is a more difficult question to answer. Also this week my cousin, one son of this same aunt has died. Now I have had several cousins die. The changes to life’s perspective are coming into view.



Paula




No comments: