Friday, October 27, 2017

Tripping Backward

Hello,



I have decided to talk about our trip in backwards order. Sunday on the trip home, which we took in a forward motion, we headed off to the cheese factory store which required going over some of the wonderful hills of Wisconsin. It reminded me a bit of the hills in my home area before roads were somewhat modernized. I suspect they were the prototype for roller coaster designers. When driving up to the crest I felt compelled to slow down at the top so I could see what was on the other side before zooming downhill. I do not really zoom, but gravity did a good job increasing sped on the downward side. When in Wisconsin I feel almost as if I am at home, possibly because we could see Wisconsin from the farm where I grew up. It all seemed beautiful and normal.



We did find the cheese store without difficulty. When I asked for schmeir brick they pointed me to aged brick. I suspect they no longer make that type. I know that last time I got some they told me that they could not ship it anywhere as everyone thought it was cheese gone over to the bad side and sent it back for a refund. We still bought the end of the aged block. Leroy and I both feel it is not quite as robust as we would like. It smells a bit, but not very much. The flavor is not quite as pungent as it could be. However, when I heated some on bread it released a nice fragrance.



We also bought cranberry chipotle cheddar that we both like. It drew my attention because the price had been reduced for quick sale making it half the cost of the other type. Even though it is a little dry it has a nice burst of flavor. Leroy is able to tell that we have added more fat to our diet. We could gain weight by the time this is all gone. However, that would be ok for me as some people think I am too thin.



Paula

No comments: