Saturday, October 28, 2017

The Last Morning

Hello,



Check out was at 11:30, but Miriam, who does not mind asking for anything because after all they might say yes, asked for a 1:00 check out time. As she expected it was granted. However, her family and Brian’s needed to leave by 12:15 so the Utah contingent could get on a plane in MN. That left Sarah’s family as well as Leroy and I to bring up the rear.



After the first group all left, Leroy and I went through the four bedrooms looking for abandoned items. We opened all drawers and found nothing except two books that I had brought. Sarah’s girls were happy to take those with them. After we got home, Andy emailed that he did not have the charger for his toothbrush. Unfortunately no one had looked in the bathroom that they had used.



We visited two of the water parks in the morning, two favorite ones. Leroy and Jen stayed back in the condo. I did not spend much time in the water, but went down one slide with Sarah. It required a raft on the downward trek. I was disgusted to realize that I still had my glasses on my face when I got to the top of the four or five sections of stairs. Andy gallantly volunteered to climb back for them later if I left them in a safe place. Because I had to climb barefoot and that bothers one of my feet, I let him assist me. It was a great ride down. When Andy came next he zipped right back up to fetch my vision.



Later Sarah, Natalie, and I were going to float on the lazy river. I was getting into a tube by myself when it flipped over and I went under water. I am not a swimmer. Even though it was only between two and three feet deep I felt some moments of panic as water went up my nose and I flailed a bit trying to think about what was up and what was down. What a relief when my face came above the surface and I could once more breathe as I am accustomed to do.



When we were gathering up our things, Miriam realized that she did not have her flip flops. She, Andy and I walked back to the other park talking about how she surely did not make that walk without something on her feet. As expected, her shoes were not there. Then Andy got the idea to look at some pictures that he had taken. Miriam did have her feet shod in the last park, so back again we went. No shoes were near the place we had deposited our things. After a bit of searching Miriam remembered that she had taken them off by another pool in this park. Sure enough there they were just waiting for her to rescue them.



Life is just full of such little all consuming incidents.



Paula

No comments: