Saturday, October 14, 2017

Rainy Day

Hello,



Leroy and I both have the day off. Early in the morning, he cleaned the hulls off some walnuts. Early was a good thing as rain started soon after that chore was finished. I drained water out of the bottom of plant pots in preparation to bring them inside for the winter. I am not sure why, but I am dragging my feet on this project this year. As it is those plants are sitting on the porch, hopefully out of the rain. I did pick out the leaves that had fallen in them as well as any bugs that I saw. I have a concoction that is to help get rid of any gnats on the top of the soil, but I wanted the plants to be a little drier before I do that.



Leroy did help me dig my amaryllis bulbs. He used a potato fork. In the past he has used a shovel and that fork was much better as it did not cut the roots. Those bulbs are resting in the garage. I like to have them be out of the dirt and gathering strength before I put them in pots. I am disgruntled with my jade plant. A neighbor has two big ones. He told me they have shallow roots so he keeps pebbles on top to hold them down. I tried that, but I might have to give it up as it is tipping over once again. Also I wonder if a squirrel ran over it as many leaves have broken off. Perhaps that contributed to the falling over condition.



Leroy and I did play games. Two out of three rounds of Boggle went to Leroy as did two out of three rounds of Rummikub. Usually I beat Leroy in Boggle, but those days must be gone. He is just getting too good.



He watched half of the movie Alexander. I watched some but did not get involved with it. Leroy than watched TV, but soon turned that off. What will we do when we retire? Sitting is just not our thing. We expect to volunteer, but there will surely be more time off than we have now.



Paula

No comments: