Saturday, September 9, 2017

Kids in the Neighborhood


Hello,



When we moved here five years ago there were not very many kids in the neighborhood or at least not in the adjacent houses. Now there is a kid in the house on either side of us, across the alley and up one house and down another there is a child. Across the street there is a child or more in three of the houses. Personally I am happy to see that.



My mother told me that when I was young I did not like the word child. I became angry and upset if they would call me a child. I am not sure why, but I still do not like that word and seldom use it. It just seems to rub against my skin.



The nights are getting dark and cooler so I notice that the kids all disappear earlier in the evening. I suppose that means that I should be thinking about bringing my kid houseplants in or at least getting them ready for the indoor life. It is especially important to find and eliminate the spiders or other small creatures that might have taken up residence. I will have to ask Leroy if I can once again put some in his church office. I personally, even though I almost never go there, consider them an asset for his space. Then there is the library where I work. I will have to beg and plead to put them back there once more, especially the large fern that would not fit in our house very well.



Then there is a neighbor who might take some of them for her supply. I asked her and she sounded pleased about that idea. I just have to get them over there. That would be taking care of my kids.



Paula

No comments: