Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Heavy Head?

Hello,



I must have a heavy head because it still hurts the side of my face when I try to sleep on that side that has released its burden of cells that are not friendly. During the day, luckily there is no pain unless I would touch that scar a little too forcefully. I am once again reminded about how often I rest my head in my hand. Seems to me I must have a heavy head if it does not want to stay up on its own. Do you suppose that is because I have a large number of brain cells weighted down with serious thoughts?



Two nights ago I slept on my “injured” left side and it would be a while before I would wake up and move back to my back. This is not an easy process, however I slept better than I have in two weeks. I have a back sleeping pillow and a side sleeping pillow. I would reach my arm out of bed grab the appropriate pillow, put it up it under my head, and flop the other pillow in the chair next to the bed.



I also sleep with a knee pillow that is between my legs when on my side and under my legs when on my back. So besides switching the head pillow I had to move the knee pillow appropriately. Seems to me I should have gotten up and done a little dance. Oh I almost did as I would trot off to the bathroom. I have only been doing the head pillow musical chairs for a short time, but the knee pillow has been for many years. More than 20 years ago, Leroy had been having trouble with his back or some such when a chiropractor told him he should sleep with a knee pillow. After saying that, this guy added that everyone should have a knee pillow.



I love taking such advice to heart so I devised knee pillows for both of us. I took an old tired head pillow, rolled it together, and sewed down the length so it could not unroll. Then I took an older pillow case and cut it to a much smaller size. I do notice that my back feels much better with the knee pillow, but it is not great for shifting from one position to another.  Which is more important sleep or back? It weighs heavily on my heavy head.



Paula

No comments: