Sunday, September 17, 2017

Leroy's full Day

Hello,



Sometimes I forget how much Leroy does in a day. This is his Sunday. He got up at the usual time of 6:00 followed by a little stretching and a shower before breakfast and devotions. He then took a little reading break before he got ready to walk to church.

We did not stay for Sunday school as we had other things to do. We stopped in the community garden long enough o grab some of the small tomatoes to be considered snack. We kept munching and walking home. At home we needed to eat a little something more, change clothes, and head off to meet up with people preparing to clean sweep the neighborhood. Our team of seven consisted of neighbors, a Coe College student, and some Mount Mercy Students to gather up trash from the boulevard (Is that what the area between the sidewalk and the street is called?) and the adjacent gutter.

Leroy and I begged out a bit early before everything was clean, went home ate a little something again, changed clothes, and headed off to Coe for a piano concert. During intermission, we talked with a friend whom we had not seen in years. The concert was outstanding. Even though Leroy slept through a good bit of the first half, I am glad we went. I just kept telling myself that I was not embarrassed when I would see his head bobbing. I was grateful he did not snore.

After the concert we walked home past the community garden stopping long enough to pick some tomatoes to eat tonight and for tomorrow’s salad. I heard someone calling my name when we walked around the house. It was so we could admire the work that our downstairs friend had done in straightening up her garage.

In the house we quickly got out leftovers and I scrambled some eggs while Leroy cut bread. He was able to take some deep breaths, move a little slower before he got out the bike, since it was quicker than walking, and headed back to church for some grief share sessions.

On the other hand all I had to do was clean some tomatoes, apples, and blueberries, boil and peel hard boiled eggs for tomorrows lunches before I washed dishes. Since that time I have been free to do as I please.

Paula

No comments: