Saturday, September 23, 2017

Early Walk

Hello,



This morning, Leroy and I woke at about the same time. I had been thinking about an early morning walk. I said, “I am going to walk.”



Leroy responded that he would come too. We headed off to the new section of trail that is only about two blocks from our house. It was great to have even footing in the dark. The planets were out along with some stars. Years ago I always got up at 5:30 and walked. I have missed that discipline. It lifts my spirits taking in the early morning quiet.



I was surprised that Leroy went too, as he is preaching tonight so he will get a nice walk to church in the heat. This morning darkness temperatures were close to 70. I have gotten used to those 90 degree fireboxes so the air felt a little cool to me.



We turned around at about a mile and walked back towards our house. There was coming, our direction, a rather bright light. I thought it was a bicycle, but Leroy wondered if it were a car since a road is close and it was moving fast. I protested that it was too small for that. His second choice was a motorcycle. It was not long before a bicycle zoomed past us causing Leroy to talk about getting a better quality light for riding the bike to and from work when the days are shorter. I did not know how much money he would consider spending for this purchase. I was surprised at how pricy these things can be. We have very modest lights on either of our bikes. I thought they were a bit higher end. Oh well, better for Leroy to see and be seen than get hit by someone. Looking at it that way the light is cheap, life and injury is dear.



Paula

No comments: