Friday, September 22, 2017

Bug Down The Back

Hello,



I was out early this morning to water the plants in the front of the house. In spite of the time it was already quite warm. Not long after I started, I felt something crawling on my back or could it have been my imagination. I was wearing a tank top so there were several access points for entry of this intruder. I hung on to the hose and wiggled my shoulders, hoping that would make the feeling go away. It did not, but persisted. Then I reached one had around and felt the area until it contacted something under my shirt. Immediately I grabbed this thing that was about a fourth of an inch long. Even though it grossed me out a little I smashed it between my fingers as I dropped the hose and moved rapidly towards the back porch. Once there I stripped off my top to discover that there was a small wasp entangled in the threads. I shook it out, dashed up stairs to get a different top, sped back downstairs, out the door, ran to the front, picked up the hose and pointed it something that I really wanted to water. The creepy feeling of something else on my back stayed with me for a time, but I am glad I had not been stung.



I remember once my bother put a June bug down my back. It was more quite the experience as their feet feel more like tiny claws as they try to get some footing. Back in those days I did not wear a shirt, but a dress, even around home. I grabbed the zipper, pulled down, and let that bug escape, while my brother practically rolled on the ground laughing at my antics.



I also remember a morning that I put on my underpants which were lying on the chair. After I got them on I realized that there was a bug in them. I ran to my brother’s room where he squeezed and killed the intruder which again turned out to be a wasp. How that got in the house and in my pants was a mystery that we never did solve.



Paula

No comments: