Sunday, January 1, 2017

Good Sleep

Hello,

Yesterday morning I woke up and told Leroy, “I slept five hours in a row. I was so excited about sleeping five hours that it took me a long time to get back to sleep.”

He just laughed because he knows I do not remember when I have slept so long as I often wake every two hours, but then go back to sleep soon. I did feel more energetic during the day. However it was not enough for me to ring in the New Year. I figured it would happen whether I was awake or not. Earlier a friend came over and we played games but not late which was fine with us. The games did not go much in the friend’s favor so I am not sure he had a good time. We tried a few of Leroy’s new games. Some of them require more brain that we seemed to possess. Perhaps we can acquire more cells if we keep working at them, but then are they a game?

Someone invited us for brunch at the last minute this morning so we enjoyed a nice meal and good company. It was easy on the brain. Now Leroy is watching a movie that I brought home from the library. It is not a movie that appeals to me so I am avoiding the experience.

Leroy shredded some of his old files languishing in the file cabinet. We and the cabinet feel lighter now. Amazing how a few years distance can change the value of paper.

I have folded my tops in a new way for the New Year. We will soon know if I like that idea. At least I can see what is in the drawer at a glance. It seems like a good thing. I might have to do that for Leroy’s sweaters as he is always digging through them for the one he wants.


Paula

No comments: