Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Healthy

Hello,

The colonoscopy is done. I thought maybe it would be forever as my nurse practioner said they are questioning the necessity to do them after age 75. Since I am 69 now it seemed this would be it. However, the nurse who checked me in said, “Since you are so healthy, you might have to have another when you are 80.” Oh well I won’t get concerned about that just yet.

As many of you know the prep is the challenging part of all this. I carefully read the directions at least two times and followed them to the letter including the instructions to drink the glass quickly rather than sipping. I started to feel nauseated after seven glasses, slowed down a little and promptly threw up. I called the nurse who instructed me to drink some tea and then finish that dose. I managed to do that, but did not feel good. Supposedly it was to start causing trips to the bathroom after 4-6 glasses, but it did not work for me until about three hours later when I was ready to go to bed. Guess how my night went?

Because I consider myself a morning person, I chose the early morning rather than late afternoon appointment. Consequently I had to get up at 4:30 to get the solution out of the frig and commence drinking again at 5:00.  With slower drinking the morning drinks went down a bit easier.

Leroy has been a trooper through all of this, driving, cooking, and washing dishes while I slept a bit of the day away. Now I feel much better, but not totally normal.

They sent home three pictures of my innards. I wish they had labels as it looks to me like a foreign country. Actually a foreign country would be more familiar as there were be plants and trees that I could say that is a plant and that is a tree. Those photos look more like the planet Mars. Am I spacey?


Paula

No comments: