Sunday, January 15, 2017

Colonoscopy prep

Hello,

I am getting a colonoscopy this week. Leroy mentioned on Friday that I had not gotten the prescription for that. I got it, but checked the schedule of altering my diet. Changes started yesterday.

I really miss my fresh fruits and fresh veggies. Also the no nuts or seeds stipulation is causing withdrawal. I just want to go grab a handful and chew away. I miss the chewing. This other food does not require much chewing and, in my opinion, does not supply much nutrition. Good thing it only goes on for four days. I am then down to liquids the last day prior. I have put off doing this because my primary care person had the wrong year on their data. I had last had one in 2002. Instead my chart showed that I had one in 2012 which is just a click away from correct.

It seems that sugar is quite allowed. I can eat any cookies that I want as long as they have no added nuts of dried fruits. We did make some krumkaka so I am eating them, but not filling up on them. I luckily am allowed plain yogurt which I like as long as I can add cinnamon and banana to it.

Leroy gets to eat many good things and I try not to look closely at those delectable items.

I will get through this and I am grateful that it is not a permanent change to my diet.

Paula

No comments: